Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Currently and becoming a grandma!!!

It's June and that means it's time to link up with Farley for the June currently.


You'll forgive me, I'm sure, that this is short and sweet.  I became a new grandmother on Friday, May 31st at exactly 6:43 p.m. after a very long day sitting in a tiny waiting room.  I spent yesterday (yep, you guessed it!)  back at the hospital with my daughter and that sweet grandson.

They are coming home today and I am super-excited!!!!

They are living in our basement apartment while they are building their new house, so I get to be here with him 24 hours a day to spoil, spoil, spoil!!!

 Here is a picture of me and proud grandpa the first time we laid eyes on him.  It was definitely love at first sight!  

It was perfect timing also, my last day of work was Thursday, so summer vacation began with him.  What could be more perfect than that?? 


9 comments:

  1. Awwwww congratulations! There is nothing in the world like a new baby! I found your adorable blog through the currently! I am a new follower!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love the pic! What is your new school theme? Ours is "Let Learning Light Your Way" and I am trying to come up with something different that won't look like everyone else's. :) I am a new follower and look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful start to your summer vacation! You will have such a great time with your adorable grandson right there in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a great way to spend your summer!

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing! Congrats! You snuggle up with your little grandson every chance you get! I found you through currently!
    Amy
    3 Teacher Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your new grandson! Enjoy the summer with him!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! He is beautiful. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a wonderful way to start (and spend) summer vacation!! Enjoy every single second!!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete